Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bad Ideas

I've had a lot of bad ideas. One of my favorites was when Beckham was about a month old, and I had been awake for about 3 weeks straight (you think I'm exaggerating). I woke Adam up in the middle of the night to tell him I planned on blacking out all the windows in our house, keeping Beckham awake for 24-48 hours, and re-introducing him to daylight after I had "reset his clock". It sounded good at the time.


I had another bad idea last week during a moment of desperation.

The biggest struggle I have in having my house organized, and saying calm on a day to day basis is keeping the family's clothes and shoes in order. It is practically a full time job (again, you think I'm exaggerating). We have 6 hampers, 1 diaper pail, 3 closets, 3 night stands, 2 dressers, a washer and a dryer. Not to mention the van, the suitcase, and the diaper bag. That's just too many places for clothes to land. What's worse is the fact that my washer and dryer are at the total opposite end of the house as the hampers and closets.

Here is my latest bad idea: One ultimate closet. Picture with me: It would be a little smaller than a 1 car garage. It would host the hampers, the washer and dryer, floor to ceiling shelving/clothes rods, and one dresser per member of the family. When you need to do a wash, the hampers would be within arms reach of the washer and dryer. When the clothes are washed and dried, you would be within 5 steps of the appropriate dresser and/or clothes rod. When it is time to get dressed for the day, it's all in one place. Think of it as a laundry mat/department store.

Furthermore, I wouldn't have to deal with clean or dirty clothes anywhere else in the house. Where are Beckham's jeans? The ultimate closet. Where is Abby's striped dress? The ultimate closet. Where are Jonas' pajamas? The ultimate closet.

I think it's the best bad idea I've ever had.


No comments:

Post a Comment