Monday, March 25, 2013

Recent reads, March 2013

My husband and I both really enjoy reading. Together we have a collection of over 1,000 books in the living room, and about 8 more boxes in the garage.

I tease my husband by telling him I don't think he is really reading at all. He will pick up a book, read a couple pages, scribble some notes, and then not pick the book up again for a few days.

That drives me crazy.

When I start reading a book, it's like a race against the clock. Real life suddenly becomes a distraction that's keeping me from the next chapter. I don't read fiction...ever. If I wanted to waste time on a make believe story, I would watch a movie.





I've already written about this book (read the blog post here). I recommend it to every mom who has experienced the 
"been there...blown that" feeling.



This is one of the best books for moms who are interested in switching their family over to a natural way of eating. It's filled with great info, practical advice, and easy to follow suggestions. It was one of the first books I read when I became a "Crunchy Mama" five years ago.  I got it back down off the shelf a couple of weeks ago when I had a friend who was wanting some tips on avoiding junk in the grocery store.






I have a serious love/hate relationship with this book. It was captivating and disturbing at the same time. A friend suggested it and within just a few pages I became borderline obsessed. It's the true story of a Pastor's family that was terrorized by a lunatic neighbor. I know the book was meant to be a story of amazing forgiveness, but I ended up being more angry at the Dad/Pastor than the actual terrorist. 



What should I read next? Give me some book suggestions in the comments below (remember my rule, no fiction!).



---

1 comment:

  1. My favorite Non Fiction books are, Born on a Blue day (about autism), The Last lecture and Echoes From Auschwitz.

    ReplyDelete